The Tony Award®-winning MATILDA THE MUSICAL is the story of an extraordinary girl who dreams of a better life. Armed with a vivid imagination and a sharp mind, Matilda dares to take a stand and change her own destiny. Rolling Stone calls the show “hands down the BEST MUSICAL of the season.” Based on the beloved novel by Roald Dahl, MATILDA has won 47 international awards, and continues to thrill sold-out audiences of all ages on Broadway and in London’s West End.
“REJOICE. It’s even more glorious than promised. Rush now to the Shubert Theatre.”
– New York Times
“Once in a blue moon, a show comes out blazing and restores your faith in Broadway.”
– New York Post
1. Overture (Matilda The Musical Orchestra)
2. Miracle: Part 1 (Company)
3. Miracle: Part 2 (John Arthur Greene, Lesli Margherita, Gabriel Ebert and Company)
4. Miracle: Part 3 (Lesli Margherita, John Arthur Greene, Bailey Ryon and Company)
5. Naughty (Sophia Gennusa)
6. School Song (Company)
7. Pathetic (Lauren Ward)
8. The Hammer (Bertie Carvel, Lauren Ward and Children)
9. The Chokey Chant (Company)
10. Loud (Lesli Margherita and Phillip Spaeth)
11. This Little Girl (Lauren Ward)
12. Bruce (Children featuring Bertie Carvel and Lauren Ward)
13. Telly (Gabriel Ebert and Taylor Trensch)
14. When I Grow Up (Company featuring Lauren Ward and Bailey Ryon)
15. I’m Here (Story 4) (Oona Laurence and Ben Thompson)
16. The Smell of Rebellion (Bertie Carvel, Lauren Ward and Children)
17. Quiet (Milly Shapiro)
18. My House (Lauren Ward featuring Ben Thompson)
19. Chalk Writing (Bertie Carvel and Children)
20. Revolting Children (Company)
21. When I Grow Up/Naughty (Reprise) (Company)
22. Once Upon A Time… (Story 1) (Milly Shapiro featuring Samantha Sturm, Ben Thompson, Karen Aldridge)
23. The Great Day Arrived… (Story 2) (Oona Laurence featuring Ben Thompson, Karen Aldridge and Bertie Carvel)
24. The Trick Started Well… (Story 3) (Bailey Ryon featuring Karen Aldridge and Samantha Sturm) Produced by The Royal Shakespeare Company and The Dodgers, the Broadway smash opened in April at the Shubert Theatre to rapturous reviews. MATILDA THE MUSICAL has received four Tony Awards® and a Tony Honor for Excellence in the Theater for each of the four girls sharing the title role, as well as two Outer Critics Circle Awards, five Drama Desk Awards including Best Musical, and the New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Musical. Winner of a record-breaking seven Olivier Awards including Best Musical, MATILDA THE MUSICAL is based on the beloved novel by best-selling author Roald Dahl (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Mr. Fox).
MATILDA THE MUSICAL is directed by Tony Award® winner Matthew Warchus, who helms this production with a book by Tony Award®-winning playwright Dennis Kelly and music and lyrics by Australian comedian, musician and composer Tim Minchin.
Matilda Original Broadway Cast Recording is available on Broadway Records/Yellow Sound Label.